Have you ever struggled to get any results from a diet? You try, and try, but can not get that scale to go down? To make it worse you see others do the same thing and the pounds just melt off of them? I see this with a lot of people, and more in women than men. My daughter has this problem when she diets, she does everything right but just doesn’t get anywhere. Or she’ll only lose 2 pounds when I can do the same program and lose 8-9. Why?
One reason is that men and women lose weight differently, and that men have more muscle tone to help burn more body fat. But what helps us all to burn that fat, or store it? it’s our metabolism. To understand how this can help, or hurt us, we must first understand what it is. What is the Metabolism Definition?
Metabolism: The sum of chemical and physical processes in an organism by which it’s material substance is produced, maintained, and destroyed, and by which energy is made available. Huh? What does that really mean?
In a nut shell our metabolism is the gate keeper on how fast, or slow we lose and gain weight. How much energy we have, or how weak and tired we feel. This is why my daughter struggles with losing weight fast, because her metabolism is slower than normal. The weird thing is that we all have different metabolism’s. You might know someone that has a very high one and they have a hard time maintaining their weight.
If you have a hard time losing significant weight in a short amount of time, or you tend to gain weight fast, then you to might have a slower metabolism holding you back from hitting your goals. Some signs of a slow metabolism are:
- Low, or accelerated thyroid activity, have your doctor test for this.
- Dry hair or skin.
- Frequently feeling cold.
- Experiencing slow weight loss and quick to gain weight.
There are several things that can cause you to have a slow metabolism like stress, lack of physical activity, foods we eat, medicine we take, family history, age, starving yourself which makes your metabolism slow down to conserve energy, and so much more. But the good news is their are several things you can do, and products we can take to boost it.
Tips And Foods To Boost Metabolism
Take these steps to keep your mitochondria healthy and optimize your metabolism.
- Eat plenty of healthy fats.
- Go for color in your meals – more salad and vegetables.
- Avoid sugar and flour – especially if you have a hard time digesting foods with flour or get bloated.
- Drink More Cold Water, because it can rev up your metabolism up to 30 minutes after you drink it.
- Move or stand up more.
- Take energy-boosting nutrients. Listed below.
- Get good sleep.
- Avoid highly processed foods that are difficult to digest.
- Eat within 30 minutes of waking up. This is crucial for fast weight loss.
- Do a High-Intensity workout.
- Eat plenty of protein at every meal.
- Eat healthy snacks in between meals – eating something every few hours.
- Drink Oolong Tea. This has been proven to help with belly fat.
- Eat spicy foods, or add spices to your food. Cayenne pepper, mustard, jalapeno peppers, ginger and cinnamon can help speed up your metabolism even after you are finished eating.
Product: SuperBeets Circulation SuperFood. Can Buy Super Beets At: Amazon.com Size: 5.7onces (30 servings) Reviews Superbeets: Helps promote healthy circulation, improved natural energy, and healthy blood pressure levels with the Nitric Oxide power of beets. Contains zero caffeine or added stimulants. Has a sweet taste and is really good mixed into smoothies. If you have a sensitive stomach I would recommend half the serving mixture to see how you handle it. My Rating: 4.2 out of 5
Wulong Tea And Weight Loss
Product: Premium Chinese slimming Wulong Tea. Where to buy: Amazon.com Sizes: 100 count bags. Review: 100% Pure and all-natural – no blends – no additives – no preservatives – no pesticides. Proven to help with belly fat, metabolism, aging, digestion, and some diseases. Each tea bag is full of antioxidants. My Rating: 4.8 out of 5.
I hope you enjoyed my review on our Metabolism and if you have any questions or want to leave a personal comment, please leave them below. Thanks and have a nice day.
Do You Have a Product You Want Me to Review?
Also, I do reviews often and if there is a product that I have not touched on quite yet and you would like me to review, please do leave it below and I will be more than happy to feature a review in the upcoming future.